Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Komodo Dragons in Rare, Extreme Close-up Photos (Slideshow)

When I was little I wanted a Komodo dragon.  Then I learned how my pet would have pwn'd me and decided against it.  But there is still a tiny childhood Dan inside me that wants his very own Dragon!

Photo credit: Will Burrard-Lucas

Spread across a few small islands of the Indonesia archipelago is a strange, prehistoric, species of giant lizard. These large dominant predators are captivating because of their size and their aggressiveness. In spite of this infamous reputation, the Komodo dragon is a vulnerable species, threatened by its limited range and eroding habitat.

Clearly, inching in for a close-up photo is not a safe proposition. To capture the amazing Komodo dragon photos shown here, Will Burrard-Lucas created the 'Kom...Read the full story on TreeHugger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice in comments. If you are not sure if its nice then it probably isn't.